Integrating our Check 21 API is based on SOAP and XML
The Check 21 API gives you full session control and you can implement additional functions based on our web service which will give you details about the customer and the transaction and historical information.
The integration of our Check 21 functionality for processing electronic payment orders in the Cloud is done directly in the merchant's system by using the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP). If the merchant’s customer chooses the check payment method, then the merchant’s system creates the SOAP request by using the matching Extensible Markup Language (XML) definition.The SOAP web service responds by returning the corresponding XML reply to let your system know whether the request was valid. You are then required to use this reply to display a confirmation page to the customer. The customer has to confirm the purchase to finalize the transaction. You can display the transaction summary to the user with all payment details as payment confirmation.
The Check 21 API is able to return information dependent of the type of request. For example:
- Customer Data: Our return message contains the customer ID assigned by Payment21.com, the customer's name and address, date of birth, bank routing and account number.
- Your Transaction History: Our return message contains the transaction ID, the transaction date, the first and last name, the customer ID, the check amount, the date of issue, the check number and the status code with status date.
- Your Rejection History: Our return message contains a list of rejections giving the ID of the rejection, the date the rejection was made, the first and last name, the customer ID of the transaction. The affiliate ID, the check amount, the check number and the error code.
- Blacklist Information: Our return message contains a list of blacklisted customers listing the first and last name, customer ID and affiliate ID.
- Recently Cleared Transactions: Our return message gives you a list with the transaction numbers and the dates of clearing.
- Recently Returned Transactions: Our return message gives you a list mentioning the return reason, return date, check number and check amount.
- Recently Declined Transactions: Our return message delivers a list of transaction ID's, transaction dates and decline reasons.
With our Check 21 API merchants can process electronic payment orders in the Cloud.